Keyboarding Quarter 3
11 months ago
By Sue Timothy
Learn to Keyboard
STANDARD 1 The student will demonstrate correct touch keyboarding techniques.
Objective 1: Students will demonstrate eyes on copy, correct fingering, good techniques, and appropriate posture while operating the keyboard.
- Feet placed appropriately for balance.
- Center body to the “h” key with elbows at sides.
- Sit up straight.
- Curve fingers over the home keys.
- Keep wrists off the keyboard.
- Keep eyes on printed copy.
- Key by touch.
Objective 1: Students develop and improve keystroking speed and accuracy.
- Complete a program of customized drills, exercises, and timings to reinforce touch operation of the keyboard and to increase speed and accuracy.
DUE: Keyboarding Online Lessons 1-11 March 21
- Login to Computers
- Each day start with a drill
- Introduce new letters and reaches for the keyboard each new lesson
- Keyboarding Online
- Online program link: Keyboarding Online
- Student Password to use program: roos59
- Click on Keyboard Mastery
- Click on your class and then your name
- Put in your password
- Remember NOT to look at your hands!
14-Jan First Day, Disclosure, Get to Know You
16-Jan Introduce Program, Learn How to Login
18-Jan Online 1- Homerow
23-Jan Online 1- Homerow
25-Jan Online 1- Homerow
29-Jan Online 1- Homerow
31-Jan Online 2 - T, E, H
4-Feb Online 2 - T, E, H
6-Feb Online 3 - O, R, N
8-Feb Online 3 - O, R, N
12-Feb Online 4 - M, C, L-Shift
14-Feb Online 4 - M, C, L-Shift
19-Feb Online 5 - I, Period, R-Shift
21-Feb Online 6 - Comma, U, CAPS
25-Feb Online 7 - B, P, W
27-Feb Online 8 - G, ;, :, Q
1-Mar Online 9 - V, /, ?
5-Mar Online 10 - X, Y, Z
7-Mar Online 11 - ',",-
11-Mar M Numeric
13-Mar M Numeric
15-Mar Short Reports
19-Mar High frequency words/Short Reports
21-Mar Short Reports